This is a fun and relatively simple rainbow trout imitation paired with a tasty cocktail dubbed the Last Word.
- Hook – Ahrex FW580 #8
- Bead – Instajig 1/8 – Black
- Thread – Veevus 50D
- Underbody – Ice Dub – Minnow Belly
- Body – Ice Dub – Minnow Belly, Senyo’s Laser Hair 4″ – White,
- Senyo’s Laser Hair 4″ – Hot Pink, Senyo’s Laser Hair 4″ – Light Olive, Senyo’s Laser Hair 4″ – Medium Olive, Senyo’s Laser Hair 4″ – Black Olive Eyes –
- Eyes of Choice
- Head – Loon UV Clear Fly Finish – Flow, Loon UV Clear Fly Finish – Thin
The Last Word is a gin-based prohibition-era cocktail originally developed at the Detroit Athletic Club. It’s a complex, herbal cocktail that will win any argument.
3/4 oz Gin
3/4 0z fresh lime juice
3/4 oz Maraschino liqueur
3/4 oz Green Chartreuse
Add all the ingredients to a shaker and fill with ice.
Shake, and double-strain into a chilled cocktail glass.
Optional: layer in some Grenadine to give it some visual interest.