Fly Fishing Collaborative’s Second Annual Fundraising Banquet
At The Multnomah Athletic Club. March 3rd, 5–9pm
Fly Fishing Collaborative exists to bring sustainable livelihood to innocent children who are either at risk, or have been rescued from, the horrible injustice of sex trafficking. They do this by building (and providing on–going support of) sustainable aquaponics farms for safe houses and orphanages around the world, offering education and sustainable job opportunities for women from local safe-homes, and through a number of other justice based initiatives.
Did you know?
- Over 2 million children are affected by human trafficking each year.
- The sex slave industry is the third largest crime industry in the world after drugs and weapons.
- In some cultures, selling your children into the sex slave industry is thought to be a necessary way of life. We think there’s a better way… and this is one of the reasons for the sustainable farms, to provide an entirely new way to live.
Their goal is to raise $100,000 in order to fully fund new sustainable farms in Africa and Southeast Asia as well as develop a new anti-trafficking initiative in Portland Oregon. Together, we can:
- Rescue kids currently in the sex slavery industry.
- Prevent endangered kids from entering the trafficking industry by providing a sustainable income.
- Bring needed care to safe houses around the world.