Welcome to Stay Fly Friday, a new content feature we’ve teamed up with our friends at Loon to produce. On Fridays, we’ll bring you a pairing of a tasty fly and an even tastier adult beverage. We hope you dig the recipes and feel inspired to craft both at home.
In honor of the new year and the launch of Stay Fly Friday, we’re kicking off this new feature off with a fly dubbed the “Steelhead Flyerworks.” For this first cocktail pairing, our goal was to find a boutique cocktail that bore a resemblance to Matt’s Flyerworks Intruder. The result is the Coconut Snowball Martini.
- Shank: OPST Shank
- Thread: Veevus 50D White
- Eyes: Medium Double Pupil Eyes
- Stinger: Senyo Intruder Wire, Ahrex HR482 Hook
- Rear Station: Senyo’s Chromatic Brush – White Sparkle, Rhea – White
- Body: Mini Flat Fly Braid, Uni Wire – BR/Gun Metal Blue, Rhea – White
- Front Station: Senyo’s Chromatic Brush – White Sparkle, Rhea – White, Craft Fur Brush – White
Pearlescent, Krystal Flash – Blue, Lady Amhurst, Guinea
- 1½ oz Vodka
- 1½ oz White Rum
- 1½ oz Cream of Coconut
- 1 splash Blue Curacao
- Shredded Coconut
- Glass Type: Cocktail
- Add the Vodka and White Rum to an ice-filled cocktail shaker along with the Cream of Coconut and a splash of Blue Curacao.
- Shake and strain into a chilled cocktail glass that has been garnished with honey and shredded coconut around the rim.
The results were a bit too sweet for our tastes but we love the way it pairs with our white intruder and dreams of glacial tinted waters.